Many people are using https://requestb.in to test Salesforce Outbound Messages.
It is often suggested by different bloggers to use https://requestb.in/ service.
Under such posts you could find plenty messages where users are complaining that outbound messages are not coming to that service but instead error like (403)Forbidden is seen.
By the way, to find any outbound message failures you can easily go to Monitor\Outbound Messages
If you use https://requestb.in/ then you might see (403)Forbidden message in Delivery Failure Reason column.
The last one is really cool since it also provides you an example of response acknowledgement message which should be sent back from PutsReq to Salesforce.
Salesforce documentation doesn’t provide an example of acknowledgement response, and I couldn’t find that post with example during my investigation, so I ended up finding the correct response by trial and error approach until I got the option which didn’t bring me any errors like org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: element or org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to d or others like “nack” or something like that.
// Build a response var msg = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>\r\n'+ '<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">\r\n'+ '<soapenv:Body>\r\n'+ '<element name="notificationsResponse">\r\n'+ '<Ack>true</Ack>\r\n'+ '</element>'+ '\r\n</soapenv:Body>\r\n</soapenv:Envelope>'; response.body = msg;
and this is correct acknowledgement response XML example
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <soapenv:Body> <element name="notificationsResponse"> <Ack>true</Ack> </element> </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope>
A few more points: I didn’t put PutsReq to my Remote Site Settings on my sandbox and I see that it is working quite fine despite it is suggested to include it by this post.
Also I believe requestb.in has banned all Salesforce requests since Salesforce keeps resending failed outbound messages for 24 hours and if many users are misusing requestb.in and burden it with high traffic then requestb.in owners might have decided to ban Salesforce Outbound Messages completely. I have asked John Sheehan <firstname.lastname@example.org> if this is the case and if there is any document which might explain why Salesforce Outbound Messages are blocked by requestb.in but he didn’t answer to me.
Enjoy. Click like if you feel this post is super awesome 😉